1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

fantasy baseball guides

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HoopsMcCann, Mar 21, 2007.

1. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

got my draft coming up next week, anyone picked up any of the fantasy baseball draft guides yet? any recommendations?

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Rotowire isn't bad. CBS Sportsline isn't bad. You can find a lot of stuff surfing the Web, too.

3. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

It's been a decade since I pissed away my time at fantasy baseball, but back in the mid-90s, I won a couple of league titles with the help of Fantasy Baseball Index. You need to buy a mag from a publisher that has an online service that offers updated rankings throughout the season. You likely won't get far using rankings that were made in February all season long.

http://www.fantasyindex.com/baseball/

4. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I typically use The Sporting News' online site for all things fantasy news.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Yeah, that, too, Oz. Good one.

6. donnie23

donnie23 Member

If you're in a deep league and have prospects, get Rotowire's guide. I thought I knew minor league prospects at least relatively well until I saw this magazine. Otherwise, Sporting News is pretty solid too.

7. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Looking foward to seeing the Memphis Tigers claw your goofy-ass, shoe-clad bluebirds to ribbons in the NCAA Championship Game, Oz. :D

Actually, I'd be surprised if my Tigers make it that far. But it's fun to smack-talk.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Fantasy Baseball Index is very useful and I prefer the format to The Sporting News preview mag. Those are my two favorites.

You can find free rankings on yahoo and foxsports.com among others. I don't know if you can get to cbs.sportsline's for free. I've been in a league on there for year, so all their fantasy rankings and stories come with the package.

9. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

i like having an actual paper one so i can mark things off. i saw the sportsline one the other day. may do that. saw usa today had one out too

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Sports Weekly should have an insert with current rankings/sleepers/etc today. It is basically what they used to have as their main preview when it was Baseball Weekly, before they started doing a magazine as well.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

Baseball Prospectus.

Draft saved Draft deleted