1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fantastic story out of Milwaukee

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by The Good Doctor, Feb 17, 2009.

1. fantastic stuff

bravo

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Great story.

I don't look forward to Rick Reilly writing about this in three weeks.

3. Drip

Drip Active Member

Ordinarily I don't think much of your comments. This one however, is right on the money. Thanks for posting it Doc. Most heart warming story that I've read in some time.

4. Drip, what do my comments on other threads have to do with this one? Why can't you stay on topic?

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

As a coach, I'd tell my kid to take the ball from the ref, plant it on the floor, and wait out the 10-second count. No attempt, no shot.

Then, on the throw-in, do the same thing, wait out the 5-second count. Then shake the kid's hand, and we go back to playing the game.

6. EE94

EE94 Guest

I'm sure it means a lot to the Good Doctor that you, Drip, approve of this post

7. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

Despite all the press about overhyped high school football teams, basketball studs, and annoying family members harassing coaches, it's stuff like this that makes me love sports and keeps me coming back.

8. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Great story there.
    Thanks for posting it.

9. Drip

Drip Active Member

Let's face it. Ordinarily the guy can be a jerk. However, I don't hold a grudge and I think he posted an outstanding article. I know its from his neck of the woods so to speak and it was a great human interest and sports piece.

10. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Let's face it. Ordinarily, you're an idiot.

11. Drip

Drip Active Member

Let's face it, you want to insult someone in a chat room.
    This place is getting too weird. Since when does complimenting someone for posting a great story merit an insult?
    Unbelievable.

12. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Don't want to, but when it's merited, it's merited. You started your "compliment" by calling Doc a jerk, swooping in to shit on yet another thread.

Draft saved Draft deleted