1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fantastic Four 2 -- You pumped?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by rokski2, Jun 12, 2007.

1. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Those who say Spidey 3 was great are the people that wanted it to be great in the first place. While they did a great job with Venom, he was only in the movie for 20 minutes. They wasted WAY WAY WAY too much time having Tobey dance around, acting like a jackass. Although it was funny when he punched Kirsten Dunst. Her acting has made me want to do the same.

And John, the fact that you use the WWBO numbers as proof it was good is completely moronic. People going to see a movie does not mean it was good.

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

The Brothers Villarreal are PUMPED to see this movie!

3. Meat Loaf

Meat Loaf Guest

Meh. Wake me up when Batman comes out or Raimi ever makes The Shadow.

4. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Well, there was discussion heading up to film's release but nothing since? Huh. Saw it last night. Meh. Not great. Not horrible. Some laughs. Some cool stuff. I was entertained, I guess.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Thanks for digging this up. My search skills were failing me yesterday. Anybody else see it? I've heard mixed things.

6. boots

boots New Member

I must admit, I had promised all on this board that I was going to watch the movies this weekend but when
    I got an invitation to go to the beach, I said to hell with the movies.
    I too heard mixed reviews on the flick.

7. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Saw it over the weekend with my kids and enjoyed it. Silver Surfer is a very cool character -- one of my favorites when I was reading the books 35 or so years ago. There's a great Johnny Storm scene near the end followed by a terrific ending. And a Stan Lee cameo. Well done.

8. boots

boots New Member

In the first one, Stan Lee was the bellman at the Baxter building. Does he reprise that role?
    Also is Galactus featured in the flick?

9. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Don't want to spoil it for anyone so I sent you a PM.

10. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Stan Lee is Galactus in the film. Oops. Sorry. Didn't label the spoiler.

One thing I just solved, though. I went through the film thinking I recognized the Surfer's voice. Couldn't place it, though. Don't know how much (or if) this has been mentioned before, but it's Lawrence Fishburne doing the voice over.

11. boots

boots New Member

Yes, that has been mentioned. I guess they were going for a cool voice, ala Darth Vader with James Earl Jones.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

If he is anything but Willie Lumpkin, that's going to bug me. Unlike most of his cameos, Lee actually played a character from the comics in the first Fantastic Four movie. How hard is it to find two-second appearance for the mailman at the Baxter Building?

Draft saved Draft deleted