1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fan for hire...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rosie, Aug 18, 2009.

1. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Almost a straight face. Almost.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Um, I'd invite you to root for the Browns...but I like you too much. :-\ :-\

3. Sam Mills 51

At least Rosie would then be armed with some dog biscuits to throw at No. 4.

4. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Hey, you know, since I have the Doomsday Device, maybe I should use it on the Lions, eh?

5. Sam Mills 51

At least the Lions could then build from scratch. In this case, that would be an improvement.

6. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I like the Lions because they will never win. So I don't have to feel bad about drafting a fantasy team full of Vikings and Packers and rooting against them.

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

You're welcome to join TigerVols and I on the Titans express, but I think you had it right the first time. Give your heart to college football.

8. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Could be worse: The Vikes could have signed Michael Vick. Or you could be a Lions fan.

9. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

That is the greatest typo ever. So, so true.

And Rosie and Claws: The Raider Nation would welcome your support. Just be prepared to deal with the many idiots among us, who still think Al Davis is worth a hill of beans.

10. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Rosie, come on over to Patriots nation.

Firstly, you'll get to root for a team that is used to doing what it takes to win. Second, we haven't been accused of cheating in TWO years! Third, Brady is back and he is delicious. Fourth, real Pats fans have always and will always hate Favre (and that douche Desmond Howard).

Oh, and if that's not reason enough, look at it this way. Apart from four (hopefully five) games, the Pats won't even play anyone in the NFC. This way, when Favre leaves Minnesota next year, you can resume liking the team and not feel too bad.

11. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

The only sensible choice, Rosie ...

... is the <a href="
    ">Arizona Cardinals</a>.

(Man, are we slipping or what? :) :D ;D)

12. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Buck is sorta right, Rosie.

Think about it ... if you join Zeke, Buck, Gutter, Z-Man, myself, etc., among SJ's Packer contingent, not only will you have plenty of company, but you can join in the very schtick that has dogged you for several years now.

C'mon! I know you look good in green and gold!

Draft saved Draft deleted