1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Family Guy spin-off

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BigSleeper, Feb 29, 2008.

1. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

I don't know if this has already been covered here, but I saw this today:

Interesting ...

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

A spinoff? Will this one have a plot?

Love the title, though.

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I've got all the faith in Seth MacFarlane that he'll do a great job with this show. But I think it's a risky move.

4. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

Hopefully, it'll be better than "American Dad," while having its moments, is mostly full of fail.

5. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Maybe if it was somebody other than McFarlane, I'd be against it, but he could pull it off.

6. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Family Guy stopped being funny when it came back on the air. The first three seasons were great. Since then, not so much.

7. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I woulod have to disagree with that. Episodes like 'The Cleveland/Loretta Quagmire', 'Peters got Woods' and 'Jungle Love' all came in the first season back, and since then there have been amazing episodes like 'PTV'.

8. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

I watched the first season back and have only watched sparingly since and most of the time I've been disappointed.

9. John

John Well-Known Member

I think a Cleveland spin-off could be funny, but I'm not sure why it's necessary since he's still prominently featured on the show.

Family Guy doesn't always do it for me, but it's worth watching because every so often it hits a towering home run.

Oh, and I think American Dad sucks.

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Yeah, it'll have a plot. Word is it'll be written by dolphins. They're much smarter and wittier than manatees.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

So I hear. So I hear.

I am not a fan.

That show is just mean and nasty.

12. statrat

statrat Member

So this means that Family Guy at American Dad will get even less funny. American Dad is actually pretty good, but Family Guy has pretty much been in the the tank since coming back. I greet this news with scorn.

Draft saved Draft deleted