1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Family Guy last night -- un-freakin-believable

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Freelance Hack, Nov 27, 2006.

1. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

I liked that part when Peter and Lois were at the movie theater watching the chick flick which inspired Peter to make his own movie. That part were he shocked the paralyzed doctor after telling him to get off the chair was really funny.

I also liked the very end were Stewie was talking with Brian. I don't remember exactly what they said but it was funny as hell.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The paralyzed guy is a police officer, not a doctor.

The ending was mostly Stewie wondering why you can't do the stuff with your buddy that you do with a woman, then pushed it to people of the same sex being together. Brian explained that some do and that's what being gay is.

I like the occasional reminders that no how smart they play Stewie, he is still a baby and completely clueless about some things.

3. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

He was playing a doctor in Peter's movie.

4. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Watching it again last night, I counted three Woody Allen movie references:

1) The guy who sounded like Alan Alda acted like Alda's character in "Crimes and Misdemeanors", especially with the talking into the dictaphone

2) Olivia and Stewie making fun of the people in the park was just like "Annie Hall"

3) The view of Olivia and Stewie sitting by the bridge was like "Manhattan"

5. statrat

statrat Member

Definitely one of the better episodes in awhile. Nice to see a glimpse of how funny this show can be, considering how terrible it has been since it was uncancelled.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Fine...I'll give him that one... but if he starts on Michael Vick having the best winning percentage among active NFL starting quarterbacks again...(which he doesn't, by the way).

7. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

But, oop, it was said on ESPN. It HAS to be true.

8. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

The actual reference for this is an old movie called "White Dog". It was about a white dog, a wolfhound I think, who was born a racist and attacked every black character it encountered during the movie. Pretty gory from what I saw.

Draft saved Draft deleted