1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Family Guy 11/8

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, Nov 8, 2009.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

I'm sure it'll fade from here, but if you missed the first five minutes of Family Guy, your loss. Peter buys "Road House" for a buck and proceeds to kick his point across to everyone, including Lucy for pulling the football away from Charlie Brown.

"And I did some checking around. You're not a licensed therapist."

2. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

The Lucy/Charlie Brown part will be the highlight of the show.

It's already starting to go down now.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Crap. I thought it was a re-run at 8 and a new one at 9.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Yeah but what a highlight it was. Screamingly funny.

OOP: Me too. Almost didn't flip over, but decided to make sure at 7:59. Fortunately Cartoon Network should rerun it next Sunday.

Oh crap, Brian in Die Hard. This is still goddamn funny even 12 minutes in.

5. Hank_Scorpio

The promos were saying its another new one at 9 too.

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

The Road House bits were great, but the "Brian in love" epsiodes always seem a little icky to me.
    Yes, it's a cartoon, but the little hint of bestiality is weird. If they're going to treat him like just another character, fine. But they have him doing too much dog stuff to forget about it completely.

7. Hank_Scorpio

Anyone watch the Seth McFarlane special in between the two Family Guys?

Had a couple pretty good moments in it.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Kermit the Frog in "Philadelphia" was fucking classic.

"And now...JOHN DENVER!!!"

9. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

See, this is the thing with new Family Guy. Not only do they only have like three minutes of A-list material for a 22-minute episode, but the cannibalize themselves. The Lucy/Charlie Brown gag? Lois went on a kicking spree in her karate class in one of the early episodes. The last shot was of her trying to kick the ball, only Lucy pulled it away. Then Lois kicked her in the face and made her cry. Hot Done.

Of course, they usually cannibalize themselves on purpose, then joke about it. I think that's what the hipsters in their damned ironic t-shirts call "meta"

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

MMII, are you being ironic or sarcastic?

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Miley Cyrus seems like a great target. Too bad that episode missed repeatedly.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

Yeah, it wasn't very good. MacFarlene has got to be high when he makes those shows. They just don't make any sense after 10 minutes.

Draft saved Draft deleted