1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Family Guy 100th episode

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, Nov 4, 2007.

1. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Yeah. Stewie actually mentoned the Sopranos right when they were cut off in mid-sent ...

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Quality. So the hatred for the dream episodes wasn't just held by SportsJournalists.com members.

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

It appears it hit home with the crew at Family Guy as well. Of course, they make fun of everything.

4. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Shows doing dream episodes was overdone long before the Sopranos, with possibly the best satire of them being the end of the final episode of Newhart.

As for Family Guy, the show's greatest dream mockery came when it used the king and queen of the "It was all a dream!" situation, Patrick Duffy and Victoria Principal, in an episode years ago.

"What's Family Guy?"

Good episode tonight. Knew it would all be a dream, but loved the way they did it.

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

When Stewie and Lois started fighting, I asked my friend who's dream will it be: Stewie's or Lois'? Then I said, "No way. That's way too predictable." And it was. It was a virtual reality fantasy.

6. Mr. Homer

Mr. Homer Member

I have never watched, what am I missing?

7. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Well, Mr. Homer, you know how in the last few years Homer went from being a lovable, well-meaning buffoon to just being a buffoon, and the focus of the Simpsons, thus helping lead to the show's decline?

This is the show whose main character is the one foolish Simpsons writers are trying to get Homer to imitate. Buffoonery for buffoonery's sake is Peter Griffin's calling card, and it works for him. But not for Homer.

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Seriously, if you like The Simpsons, you'll love Family Guy. There are a lot of similarities. It is The Simpsons' closest rivalry, and you'll kick yourself for not having seen it.

Draft saved Draft deleted