1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fame & Being Republican

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BNWriter, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Still, the laughs are few and far between. I understand why a significant percentage of the population likes Sandler, but I'll never, ever pay nickel one to see him in anything, and the thought of wasting a second of my life watching his older movies on free TV makes me gag. Life's too short.

2. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Sandler AND Julie Bowen? I'll never watch Happy Gilmore the same way again. Carl Weathers wasn't on the list, was he?

3. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

No, ever since he had to travel to Canada to get his wooden hand, he's been a staunch Democrat.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Frankly more shocked to learn that Chuck Heston and Ronald Reagan were Democrats.

5. They were Democrats but they got better.

6. Big Circus

He struck me as fairly economically conservative on Arrested Development.

"Let me tell you a little story about acting. I was doing this Showtime movie ā€” 'Hot Ice,' with Anne Archer ā€” never once touched my per diem. Iā€™d go to Craft Service, get some raw veggies, bacon, Cup-A-Soup. Baby, I got a stew going!"

7. Any coincidence they also both lost their minds?

8. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Silver and Hope have something else in common ... they're both "on the other side." Silver's been dead three or four years. By the by, he (Silver) was great as a combative liberal -- overseeing Bartlett's re-election campaign -- in "The West Wing"

9. Big Circus

Did anyone else see "Ron Silver" and conflate Ron Swanson and Duke Silver? The character is certainly conservative...no idea about the actor.

10. Greenhorn

Greenhorn Active Member

Heston was part of MLK's March on Washington along with fellow celebs Paul Newman and James Garner.

11. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

Amen!!! -- and thank you, BenH.

12. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Ronnie Rayguns was Prez of the Screen Actors Guild, for a while.

Draft saved Draft deleted