1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fame & Being Republican

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BNWriter, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Great point. As a California native, that pretty much describes me. Pro choice, anti-gun, pro gay rights etc... Socially liberal, fiscally conservative...

Yeah, there's a pretty big difference between Patricia Heaton, Janine Turner and most of the other celebrities who tend to lean conservative.

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Whenever I see lists like this -- doesn't even matter whether its political or not -- I wonder if there's some person somewhere who has a giant list of celebrities on a greaseboard in their basement who moves those celebrities up and down their own personal rankings based on endless top 20 lists, political affiliations, who they're banging, trouble with the law, etc.

At the end of the day, who gives a shit?

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

There are plenty fo Republicans who mix and match stances. It's not a one-size fits all situation.

4. If Ron Silver gets on the list then Bob Hope should too

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Or it shows that the Republican meme of "Hollywood liberals" isn't quite accurate.

6. Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell

Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell Active Member

They forgot John Malkovich, probably the most shocking Hollywood Republican of them all.

7. Also didn't have David Mamet

8. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Robert Duvall, James Earl Jones and ... Robert Downey, Jr. That last one has always shocked me.

9. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

A relatively-recent convert, yes . . .

10. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Kimmel's a very bright guy.

11. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Reagan still on the list?

12. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

This list goes from the "no shit they're Republican (two of them ran as Republicans for public office), to the "oh, he/she's a Republican? meh ..." to "really? Are you sure about that?" ... 50 Cent, I'm looking in your direction.

Draft saved Draft deleted