1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fame & Being Republican

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BNWriter, Apr 18, 2012.

1. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

http://www.zimbio.com/Famous+Republicans/articles

This celeb website lists the top 30 names of famous celebs who proudly proclaim to be Republican.

Some are obvious. Others have publicly stated their allegiance. Others are surprising (to me, anyway).

Does this change your opinion of them? Do you know others not on this list?

Discuss.......

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I don't think that list, outside of Clint, Bruce and Tom, does the GOP any favors.

3. HC

HC Well-Known Member

The only one that really surprised me was Matthew McConaughey.

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I see Ted Nugent is on the list. Has anyone heard from him regarding this election and possible responses?

5. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

True Fact: 50 Cent got his name from how much of every dollar he earns goes to the government.

6. Not for nothing but I think they meant Adam Baldwin (who is not related to Alec or Stephen) and Drew Carey is a Libertarian not a Republican. Think the list is very flawed.

If they went a few more celebrities deep would Charlie Pierce have made the list?

7. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

The 2 most pleasant surprises for me were Bruce Willis & especially Sarah Michelle Gellar. I guess saving the world makes you more realistic about what it takes to save the world.

8. And Alex Trebek is Canadian - why would he be registered to vote for either party in the US?

9. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Perhaps he's taken American citizenship? Michael J. Fox did after having kids since his children were being raised in the US and he wanted a say in the community they were being raised in.

10. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

Gellar is a surprise. Somehow, I was under the impression Willis was.

11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

If Shannon Doherty is in the "top 30" it's not much of a list.

12. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

You take that back! She is fulfilling her lifelong dream of getting her degree in liberal arts from an online college and then advertising it on daytime commercials!

Draft saved Draft deleted