1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fall TV 2009 - whattya watching?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DanOregon, Sep 23, 2009.

1. 2underpar

2underpar Active Member

when do ya'll have time to watch all that TV?

2. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I'll finish up Project Runway, but otherwise CSI: The Original is it for me. I just don't have time for anything else right now.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

CSI had a strong episode - I don't know how they do that stop motion stuff but it was a strong way to start the season. Indifferent about Jorja Fox's return, and even though they dumped the actress who she replaced, thought it was kind of lame they way the dumped on the character who was never developed by the writers in the first place.
    Nice scene with the wood chipper. "This doesn't look good, so much for Olivia Hamilton's father."
    Watched The Mentalist last year - don't know what it is - but I don't get the hype for the show. The plots are weak and there isn't much dynamic between the characters.

4. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Excellent question. I was just trying to figure this out for my own self. The wife and I sat down to watch about an hour's worth of TV last night. We looked on our DVR and there's at least 6 hours of stuff on there just from this week's premiere schedule. I gots no idea when we'll have time to go through it all. A little here and there, but not until next weekend probably.

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

You thought that was offensive? Seriously? Stupid maybe, but hardly offensive, unless you're offended pretty easily, which I didn't think you were.

I really should quit trying to figure out your taste in comedy, though. It's always epic fail on my part. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

NCIS and House are my favorite shows on network TV. Love both of them.

Modern Family was very funny.

Cougartown was fucking awful.

Community is solid.

Accidentally on Purpose was OK, but it will grow old very quickly, probably in time to cancel it mid-season and get Rules of Engagement back on Monday nights.

7. wannabeu

wannabeu Member

How I Met Your Mother, The Big Bang Theory, Criminal Minds, CSI: NY, and Numbers are the shows I watch.

8. I tried watching Accidentally on Purpose, just didn't do much for me outside of Jenna Elfman.

9. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

I actually liked Modern Family, but I wasn't a Married with Children or Arrested Development watcher.
    I have Community and Good Wife on TiVo, but haven't watched them yet.

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I have The Forgotten, Flash Forward and a bunch of other new shows Tivod, but we'll see if I actually get to them.

11. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

The second ep of Community was head and shoulders above the premiere. NOW I know why it got good reviews. Christ did I laugh out loud last night.

12. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

There's a separate thread on Flash Forward, but it was really good, and if you missed it they're running it again tonight.

Draft saved Draft deleted