1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fall TV 2009 - whattya watching?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DanOregon, Sep 23, 2009.

1. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I thought that show was extremely lame and contrived. I don't even think I'll watch it a second time.

Hoping "Modern Family" is good tonight. Looks to have potential, though they sure haven't promoted it much that I've seen.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Everyone's saying this...but I've seen more Modern Family commercials than ANYTHING. Hell, I didn't even realize Castle's season premiere was Monday...until today. But Modern Family I see commercials for 20 times a day.

3. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I think it has a lot to do with whether you watch the particular network a show's going to be on. But I haven't seen much in fall previews or seen the stars on talk shows or anything.

4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I felt the same way about 'Hung,' but we kept on watching it.
    Of course, that was before football season.

5. imjustagirl

Yeah, I'm removing Modern Family. That might have been the worst, most offensively stupid (and offensive) show I've seen. It was like they wanted to make Married with Children again, with better acting.

6. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

And it ruled.

abc.com should have it.

7. imjustagirl

Yeah, i was going to look for it. I added it to my season pass list, so I'll start getting it next week.

8. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

15 minutes in, "Eastwick" seems OK . . . a harmless, likable show. The wife thinks the casting of the Jack Nicholson character indicates they wanted "Mr. Big" from Sex and the City, but couldn't get him.

As a CSI/Cold Case hybrid, "The Forgotten" has potential. Having the victim do a narration is an interesting device, but could get old if each week's case isn't compelling. Can call this show "Michelle Borth and Friends," she got so much screen time. I guess they want to make sure people know they got the actress from "Tell Me You Love Me."

Haven't watched "Modern Family" or "Cougar Town" yet.

"Glee" is my leader in the clubhouse, though I'm hoping "Flash Forward" is as good as it looks. Also waiting impatiently for the premiere of the new version of "V."

9. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

'twas AWESOME. So glad to have it back. I was in heaven on Monday night: two hours of House followed by Castle — two of only three or four shows that are absolutely appointment TV for me.

10. podunk press

podunk press Active Member

I watched "Community" last week.

Wasn't impressed.

Aside from that, I'm not watching much this fall, aside from football. It's kinda sad.

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

A few observations:
    --Mercy: Looks more like an effort to recycle Grey's than to recycle ER. The medical part of it is silly (a nurse does not kiss patients on the forehead!) and the dialogue is simplistic. But the characters are compelling enough that I may give it another try, tho I doubt it'll live long.
    --The Good Wife: I posted before that the ads didn't make the show look promising. But the show seems somewhat better. Chris Noth captures the in-denial rogue to perfection in somewhat limited screen time. Julianna Margulies is OK, but her assistant is much more interesting. The first legal case was not very realistic, but all in all, it had enough to give it another shot.
    --NCIS Los Angeles: Still considering whether to give it another shot. No forensics fun (not even a lab), and Linda Hunt's character is going to get old real fast. The other characters seem to be sleepwalking through the thing. Tries to be actiony, like CSI: Miami, but is kinda grim, like CSI: New York.

As for a couple of returnees:
    --NCIS: Awesome season opener. If Michael Weatherly keeps up this level of performance, he'd be a worthy Emmy nominee. And the Tiva story line gets a poignant restart.
    --SVU: Was happy to see that Ice T was still around. Not sure I'm feeling Christine Lahti as the heavy-handed ADA busting the balls of Kragen's people. And SVU needs to stop doing those out-of-left-field, silly twists.

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

The couple name for Tony and Ziva.

Draft saved Draft deleted