1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Falco's greatest hits

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DyePack, Aug 20, 2006.

1. DyePack

DyePack New Member

I'm sort of partial to "Rock Me Amadeus" myself.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Now that's funny.

What about Der Karmissar? Or was it Der Komminsk, the ballad about the Braves prospect who never was? Whatever.

Anyway, after further reflection, I have decided the soundtrack to 7th grade was "Knee Deep In The Hoopla." We built this website! We built this website! We built this website on big-dicked Asian male whores rock and roll HOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!"

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I'm surprised someone doesn't have five Falco songs on their iPod list on that thread. Some obscure shit on there; apparently, people won't admit to listening to hit songs, or at least songs that are widely known.

4. pallister

pallister Guest

Wasn't Der Kommisar by After the Fire or something like that?

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

Yeah but I'm almost sure Falco was that band's lead singer.

6. No, "Der Kommisar" was done by two different bands. After the Fire did the English version, and Falco did the German version.

Falco also did for the song a video that might be the worst in MTV history -- him running in place in front of a film of a police car, sirens ablaze, driving through the streets of Vienna or some such place, giving the illusion that Falco was being chased by it. Yuck.

Had the occasion to buy Falco's Greatest Hits CD whilst in Vienna a few years ago. Now that was 15 Euros well spent, let me tell you.

7. lono

lono Active Member

This will not end well.

At the rate this thread's going, it's only a matter of time before someone starts waxing rhapsodic over Nena and "99 Luft Balloons," or, worse yet, Rammstein. ::)

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I liked Peter Schilling ("Major Tom"), but he was Austrian.

G'day mate!

9. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

What, no love for "Puttin' On The Ritz" by Taco?

10. Football_Bat

Dutch.

11. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

He's no Golden Earring, that's for sure.

12. Football_Bat

Radar Love or Twilight Zone? I actually like both.

Draft saved Draft deleted