1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fake the Dime, Do the Time (Sort Of) ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by doctorquant, Sep 2, 2012.

1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

2. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

Wells Fargo has been slapped with at least three fines worth over $175 million this year alone. Among the offenses are selling mortgage backed securities without disclosing the risk and discriminating against black and hispanic borrowers. Seriously, isn't it time for the company to withdraw from the spotlight for a little while.

At the very least, this "story" raises the suspicion that Wells Fargo and others are using these new rules to legally lay off older workers.

3. J-School Blue

J-School Blue Member

It's either an excuse to lay off older workers or a ploy for public anti-regulation sympathy (I actually tend toward the latter, given how quick this got to the media). I do not for a second believe they couldn't get this guy a waiver in short order.

I did some time as a mortgage auditor post-journalism. I saw what these fuckers did. No sympathy from me. I hope people aren't fooled.

Draft saved Draft deleted