1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fair or foul? Dan Patrick question

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by bigpern23, Feb 2, 2009.

1. I Digress

I Digress Guest

appropriate and not odd.

2. Montezuma's Revenge

Montezuma's Revenge Active Member

Word for word. I'm puzzled that people raise their eyebrows at this question.

3. micke77

micke77 Member

I think Boomer didn't like it because, as one poster noted earlier, maybe he thought it was directed to Tomlin because he was black. the question was a very good one, even if I'm not a fan of DP.

4. John

John Well-Known Member

I think Olbermann asked a similar question in an interview than ran on his show on Friday, so the question wasn't totally out of left field for Tomlin.

5. You might be able to sort out the racial issue if you there were similar questions asked of Jon Gruden six years ago.

6. If Patrick had called him "boy" then there would be valid concerns. Otherwise, it's a completely fair question.

7. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

"So, how long have you been a black coach?"

8. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

"Were you worried you might not have some of the 'necessities' to be a head coach?"

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

That would be foul on all references....

10. Gold

Gold Active Member

Not a total Dan Patrick fan, but I have no problem with the question.

Boomer Esiason, when he did his one Super Bowl with Al Michaels, didn't know what was going on with time outs and Michaels rebuked him on the air. I'm not a total Al Michaels fan, but he was right in that case.

11. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

You could feel the icicles coming out of the booth in that game. I wonder if the two have spoken since.

12. shotglass

shotglass Guest

(Something about buoyancy here.)

Draft saved Draft deleted