1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Facebook IPO

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MisterCreosote, Feb 1, 2012.

1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

And my 1000 people on Facebook will be heavily targeted to be exactly who I want to reach. My 1000 people in the newspaper will be 1000 old people from a common geographic area who can't figure out how to cancel their subscriptions.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Market cap up to $308 billion:

Facebook Inc (FB.O) shares surged 15.5 percent on Thursday, their biggest percentage increase since July 2013, after the social networking service posted quarterly results that blew away expectations on every key measure.

Facebook shares closed at $109.11, putting its market capitalization at about $308.6 billion. That would make it the fourth most valuable technology company, overtaking Amazon.com Inc (AMZN.O), which was valued at about $296 billion ahead of its results on Thursday.

Facebook shares jump 15.5 percent after strong results

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

If you guys want to puncture the Legend of Dick Whitman, I shudder to think of some of the predictions I boldly made on this thread.

BTExpress and YankeeFan like this.
  4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

YankeeFan likes this.
  5. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

We can't all be Starman ...

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Don't back down, Dick! Facebook's a bubble about to explode in everyone's faces, bringing down the economy.

[/Ragu]

I kid, I kid. :)

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted