1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Facebook facepalms

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by bigpern23, Feb 1, 2012.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

This is how one gets unfriended by me: If you have nothing better to do all day than post about politics, from either side. Yes, I have friends who'll post political items, but they also find time to post about music, baseball, what's on TV ... you know, life. Someone from my past wants to stand on a soapbox, fine. I can also choose not to participate.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

An old high school girlfriend posted that her son came downstairs walking funny, and when she asked him if he was hurt, he said, "No, I'm just imitating you, Mom."

Turns out she ran a marathon the previous day. It was way funnier until I realized that.

3. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Two people I know from high school have gone back and forth from married to divorced since they tied the knot before the first of the year. They "broke up" two weeks later, and he filed divorce papers a week after that.

They remained "broken up" and he "dated" someone else for another week before going back to his wife. They're supposedly back together and doing better than ever before ...

And all of this has been posted in the openness that is Facebook. None of her friends or his friends has had the cajones to say anything about it; they're all like "you guys can make it work" or "i have faith that you'll make it together." Such bullshit. If they really loved each other the way they claim, they wouldn't be doing shit like that.

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Oh, youth.

That being said, I'm completely blocked from posting on this thread since half the stupid shit I see is posted by SJers. (including myself)

5. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Ohhhh, what have I posted on my Facebook? Tell me! Tell me!

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I don't know, I blocked your status updates.

7. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

And since leaving the FB, I have missed seeing the pics. :(

Shut it, MTM! I like seeing the niece and nephew pics. Almost better then the kids pics, to be honest.

8. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

The niece and nephew pics and gushing over how great they are seem to be a desperate attempt by childless people to be as annoying about kids as we parents are.

9. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

See, now I have to disagree. I have a child AND nieces and nephews. Having nieces and nephews is the practice role for having grandkids. I freaking LOVE having nieces and nephews. It's like the greatest thing ever. Since I am not a grandmother yet, I find the role of being an Aunt the best one ever. All the great things about being a parent without the bad parts.

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I was looking for innocuous things posted on FB by SJ people so I could post something here and facepalm it. :)

11. HC

HC Well-Known Member

My problem with SJ folk on FB is I can never reconcile real names against SJ handles. :-\

12. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I post too much about my dog, and anyone who doesn't like it can kiss my assbook.

Draft saved Draft deleted