1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Face it: Daughter may want to have sex before marriage

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Shaggy, Mar 28, 2007.

1. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

So premarital sex is ok for men, but not women, Lum?

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

My mom put me on the pill when I was 12, and I still managed to get out of high school before having sex (I did graduate early though). She told me to that I shouldn't have sex until I was ready to tell her two things 1) that I was pregnant or 2) that I had AIDS. Like a lot of girls, I listened to mother (not my father, mind you, my mother).

Preaching abstinence, but not making sure teens know how to protect themselves in case they do choose to have sex is stupidity of the highest order.

And scaring teens out of sex is among the more evil things parents can do to a child. Making sex scary for a teen can influence their sexuality when they get married, which parents have no right to do.

EDIT: Mostly because this thread is pissing me off, I'm sick and tired of people acting like women are incapable of being in control of our sexuality. Girls/women are generally more mature than men of the same age and more capable of handling teen sex than men are. There I said it. Fuck the religious right and uptight prudes. I want them nowhere near me or any female relatives of mine.

3. writing irish

I know it's a questionable use of time to try to have a reasonable discussion with a troll. But I'm killing time in a hotel room before I go to a semi-early bed. So come on Lum, bring it. Do you have different standards for young men and young women regarding premarital sex?

4. Someone else does not understand biology.

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Mike, you're a fucking retard.

Fuck the fuck off.

6. writing irish

I asked the troll a simple yes/no question. A simple yes/no question, open-ended, with plenty of room for the troll to state its views, qualify them, clarify them, whatever it wanted to do. Instead of participate in a discussion like a sentient being, it responded with yet another cryptic insult. I offered the troll far more respect than it had earned, and its response proved one thing: it isn't here to discuss, only provoke. Fine...enjoy the thread, troll.

7. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

My cat's breath smells like cat food.

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I love lamp.

9. writing irish

"I'm a douche who's too much of a mental midget to engage in a discussion, and too much of a pussy to troll under my usual handle, but I'll post anyway!"
    [​IMG]

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

One more time, and Dad says I have to sleep in the garage.

11. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

"Biology" is the name of Mikey's Mr. Hyde.

12. There's nothing cryptic. You don't understand biology.

Draft saved Draft deleted