1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

F-that: Coupla sports talker jobs to open in Des Moines soon...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Mar 22, 2009.

1. Double J

Double J Active Member

Sorry. :-\

2. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Ran into old Herb at a bar in Hoover on my 30th birthday. About seven Johnnie Walker's in, I asked him if I could buy him a Coke.

3. Ty Webb

Ty Webb Member

Brutal. I did not live in Birmingham then (1983 or so?) but I have never seen anything plague a guy like that arrest plagued him. It wasn't just people that hated him either. One of his former co-hosts told me once that some guy walks up to him on location in 2003, 20 years later. The dude literally says, "Hey Herb, man I love your show, boy I'm a big fan of yours, always have been. Hey, whatever happened about that cocaine arrest?" It would come up on the air about once a year. He would blow a gasket. Can't say that I blame him but that just fueled the fire.

4. Double J

Double J Active Member

What about that other time Herb sold airtime to a guy whose diet pills were actually speed?

[​IMG]

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

And you never credit us with any damn one of them, either.

Draft saved Draft deleted