1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

F****** over by Snowmageddon 2010? Me too.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Della9250, Dec 26, 2010.

1. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Union County -- we accumulate like no one else.

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Shoveling snow is a tremendous workout. Just remember to use your knees to lift the snow, not your lower back. Just as if you're moving boxes.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

They were actually pretty happy with it. We pay more than a lot of people around here.

4. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

40 degrees and sunny here by the end of the week.

:D :D :D

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

It'll be the same in New Jersey by Wednesday. Then rain and 40+ Friday and Saturday to wash it all away ... and create some floods.

6. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

So my flight from Dulles was canceled. I was in line at United customer service talking with a couple other people and the three of us (all complete strangers) decided to split a rental car and drive up since there was no other way to get up here today. While getting my checked bag I ran into someone else who was stranded and he came along as well. We paid $40 a person and I drove most of the way since I've done that drive numerous times before. The highways were really good for the most part and we made decent time.

Four strangers trusted each other completely and it ended up working out. I guess there are still some good people in the world. I give the most credit to this guy from the Congo who travels for business but had never been to NYC before. That's quite the story for someone's first time getting to the city.

7. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

That's awesome, dreu! Glad you made it home OK. Were any of them cute? Single? Did you get their numbers for me? :D

8. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Any of those guys happen to be a shower curtain ring salesman?

9. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Now this is a guy who was screwed by the storm.

[​IMG]

There was a stretch limo -- one of those gaudy white party mobiles you see in Manhattan filled with drunk kids -- stranded in the snow in my neighborhood. I was walking to the subway at 7:30 this morning and I saw this--and whipped out my blackberry camera: The front panel and grill of the limo, buried face up in a small snow bank: A FULL BLOCK AWAY in another intersection. I have no idea how it got there. I just pity the poor guy who owned that car.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Today show had a story on a homeless guy who found a pair of suit pants in a snow bank.

11. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Well, I still have the jacket. So he's limited in all the job interviews he was gonna get from the find. I'm just glad it wasn't one of my better suits.

12. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Horrible story, the guy looked so good in the suit pants the other homeless guys in the abandoned building thought he was a cop and beat him up. Ran the pants up a flagpole in the Bronx.

Draft saved Draft deleted