1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

F****** over by Snowmageddon 2010? Me too.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Della9250, Dec 26, 2010.

1. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Indeed it would be tough to top. Can't wait for that album to come out.

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

March 8, according to the message I got through Facebook.

3. leo1

leo1 Active Member

this is the time of year i love living in south florida. we're having a 'cold spell.' it's 50 right now and supposed to drop to the high 30s tonight.

call me a dick, but that's ok. i love rubbing it in, especially since i get shit all year long about hurricane season and our unbearable summers. ;D ;)

4. spnited

spnited Active Member

More than 2,500 flights in/out of the 3 major NY metro airport have been cancelled. Some people wonlt be going anywhere until Tuesday.

I just drove home from work about and hour ago (11 miles becuase I didn't go to my usual office 32 miles away). Made it driveway to driveway in just about 30 minutes ... then enountered the 4-foot drift/plow pile in front of my driveway. Ended up parking (probably illegally) in a beauty parlor parking lot down the street.
    It's a freaking mess out there.

5. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

This ain't Snowmageddon. Y'all need to stop being pantywaists. :p

I just hope the "snow" we got doesn't prevent me from using my new gym membership starting today.

6. 21

21 Well-Known Member

NYC airports closed until 4 pm today, good luck to everyone trying to get somewhere.

7. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

How much snow did NYC get?

We were supposed to get 2-4 and ended up with about 8. Wind blew my table off my deck, fortunately away from the house.

8. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

29 inches in my little corner of NJ suburbia according to the ruler in my front yard. Brutal -- it took me almost an hour to shovel the front stairs and the first five feet of walkway. Gonna have to suck it up and pay the first guy with a snowblower to do the driveway and sidewalk.

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Had two teenagers from the high school wrestling team stop by, with shovels. Paid them $30 bucks to do my driveway, backdoor pathway, and sidewalk. Took them nearly two hours.

I shudder to think how long it would have taken me, an out-of-shape ex-sports journalist. Heck, for the teens, this is their weightlifting for the day.

10. spnited

spnited Active Member

$30...damn cheap.

11. spnited

spnited Active Member

20" in Central Park. Highest reported amount 31" in Elizabeth. NJ.

12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Kind of ridiculous. ...

I lost a pair of suit pants walking to the subway (NYC) at 6:30 this morning. I figured I'd carry the suit to the client whose office I am parked in right now with a pair of fresh shoes, and change out of the pair of pants I haven't worn in 15 years when I got here. I had no idea the suit pants were gone until I got here. Don't ask. I am just an idiot.

The snow drifts were 2 feet or higher and the plows never got out. No one had shoveled sidewalks yet. I almost went face first into the snow at least three times getting to the subway. Then, no one in here between the holiday and storm. The phone call I was getting in here early for was canceled, and I had no clue.

I have no idea what I was thinking.

Also, I don't care what Bloomberg says, the fact that the plows weren't out all night has to be budgetary. They are normally so much better than they have been. The streets are empty. Traffic having trouble moving and anyone with a brain stayed inside.

Draft saved Draft deleted