1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

F*ck you, sis.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Dec 6, 2009.

1. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Who are you and what have you done with the crotchety old man formerly known as Spnited?

2. It's the typical "I can dish it, but can't take it". Good for you for putting her in her place. Sometimes subtle little hints work in those cases . . . sometimes, you just have to say STFU, sis. Hey, can you please pass the potatoes?

3. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I'm lucky all I have is a stepsister. I get along pretty well with my dads. I just reconnected with my mother, so I've got my share of family issues.

Evil Sis sounds like a bitch some of the time.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

FWIW, Killick, your sister may be awful, but I would strive really hard not to let what people say about you get to you.

Why in the hell should you waste 2 seconds being upset with your sister's opinion of what you do for a living?

You've gotta let that crap slide off your back.

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Only thing I'd say is that, for some people, it's different when the criticism is coming from a family member.

I'll take the advice of a famly member over anyone else in a heartbeat. Same goes for criticism. I'll take it harder from a family member than from anyone else. Not in all cases. Just in general.

But people are certainly different. No idea how Killick handles his bidness in that respect.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

That's not criticism. That's someone being a bitch or thinking she's funny.

I would not let it get to me.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  7. JackReacher

Good point. I guess "criticism" was a poor choice of words. In any case, some people take what's said by family a little harder than what's said by others.

That said, I used to bust on my younger brother all the time. Now that he's in the Army and Afghanistan bound, um, yeah, that's stopped. :)

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Nah. Keep on it, Sonner. He may need the target practice.

9. JackReacher

Actually, according to his scores on the range, he's good. Probably the biggest surprise among several since he left for the Army in January. My brother, the sharpshooter. Yikes.

10. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Ace -
    Yeah, you're right. I should just let it slide, but as I said, she just has a special talent for pushing my buttons. If my other sis had said it, I would've been slightly irked but that's as far as it would have gone.

As it was, I pretty much tried to let it go with just letting Evil Sis know at Thanksgiving that her remark wasn't cool.

But then she did it again, and I lost it.

11. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Killick, your sister's remark was unjustified and probably a reflection of your relationship your whole life.

However, she's the youngest, and while the younger ones have it easier in many ways (I'm the youngest of two), when the older ones are successful, she's probably been compensating. Her way was to take digs at you and get your goat. The fact that you have an older sister who you get along with great (it appears) was probably hard for her to deal with as well.

As someone who's been blessed with a large and caring family but who's seen family divides (I've seen my wife's uncle more in the past 15 years than my father in-law has!; my mom hated my aunt for 3 years) I'd stress to you to not give up on your sister and keep working on it.

12. http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/74589/

Draft saved Draft deleted