1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

F-ck it; I quit

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Baron Scicluna, Sep 22, 2014.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Reporter for Alaska TV station does a story on legalizing medical marijuana, then, at the end of the piece, reveals that she's working for them, then announces she's resigning from her TV job in polite language.

http://jimromenesko.com/2014/09/22/anchorage-tv-reporter-walks-off-the-set-after-dropping-the-f-bomb-on-viewers/

THe even funnier thing is the TV station manager's comment that she has been terminated, which, as Romanesko pointed out, couldn't happen since she already quit.

2. DeskMonkey1

DeskMonkey1 Active Member

Is it OK to post the video? I know we say fuck all the time around here but still....

When I quit my job eventually, I won't burn a bridge like that (would still like to freelance for extra cash every once and a while, maybe) but I'm pretty sure I won't be "I loved working here, i'm going to miss everyone." Probably just going to give me notice, work two weeks and on the last day just....leave. No handshakes, goodbyes or anything.

3. Baron Scicluna

I didn't post the video. I posted to Romanesko, who has a link to the video.

4. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

This person is an idiot.

I think she might be on drugs.

5. She used to work in WV.

She's nuts.

6. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Solid 6.

And she sure left the anchorwoman dumbstruck.

7. She finished fourth in some such beauty pageant. She was so pissed she bolted off the stage when they announced her name (indicating she hadn't won).

8. Baron Scicluna

She'll never get to live up her dream of becoming Sue Simmons.

9. Mauve_Avenger

Mauve_Avenger Member

According to the Alaska Dispatch News: "If I offended anyone, I apologize, but I’m not sorry for the choice that I made," she said.

A. Not a real apology. B. Pretty sure dropping the F bomb on live television is offensive.

10. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Well played. :)

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Hell, she should run for governor.

12. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I still have a hard time believing that in 2014 anyone would genuinely be offended by the word "fuck." "Bitch," now so often allowed on TV and the radio, is more directly offensive and discriminatory.

Draft saved Draft deleted