1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Extreme Muslim Class of 2007

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Jun 18, 2007.

1. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

if he only had a heart.........

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

If we have to fight them over here in order to stop fighting them over there, I'm down with it. The U.S. is 2-0-1 at home.

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

I'm sorry, Dan, but explain 2-0-1 at home to me.

4. DanOregon

Revolutionary War (w), Civil War (w), War of 1812 (draw)

5. DanOregon

War's over, Sherman dropped the big one...

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

Wow.. that's a stretch in relation to the useless war we are fighting over there now.
    What it has to do with the Muslim paranoia of this thread, I have no idea.

7. DanOregon

Terrorists seek political gain through fear, the fear of a looming attack. I'm just saying if we accepted that it could happen here and take reasonable action to protect ourselves, I think our nation would be better off instead of channelling our fears into a war people doubt we can win. There aren't a finite number of people that wish harm on our country. People aren't going to start liking us as soon as we take out the "last" terrorist.

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Well, that's not quite right.

Otherwise, there would be an infinite number of people that wish harm on our country. And I know that's not true. There aren't even an infinite number of people on the planet.

Maybe you meant to say, "We can't go overseas and kill every single person who wishes harm on our country."

9. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Here's a fact from the CDC website:
    And what that means is that 61% of all traffic fatalities in the US occurred in crashes where alcohol wasn't involved. We'd better work to get sober drivers off the road.

See? You can make the numbers say anything

10. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Old Tony, once again, the point is being missed. The concept was supposed to be, of whom should we be more afraid: terrorists or drunken drivers.

But since you can take umbrage with the numbers, the real point in the argument is glossed over and forgotten.

11. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Actually, Alley, I wasn't making a point one way or another other than to show that numbers can be made to say anything. My real problem there is I don't know how to do the blue font.

12. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Stupid concept, eh?

And your explanation of why it is stupid only reinforces the belief of this constant state of fear as opposed to reasoned response. BOOGA BOOGA! We don't know when or where terrorists will strike us so fear all Muslims since you never know which one is going to gut you using a box cutter!

Draft saved Draft deleted