1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Extreme Muslim Class of 2007

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Jun 18, 2007.

1. dog428

dog428 Active Member

And how many Muslims total planned and executed that attack? Maybe 30, 35?

You're gonna judge millions and millions of people based on the actions of .001 percent of the group? Shit, that's like saying people in Tennessee are more likely to be involved in a shoot-it-up at a strip club.

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

You're forgetting Nixon, asshat. ;)

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

Remember kids: Poochie is Muslim...TO THE EXTREME!!!!

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I was going to ask if this was a thread about Muslims who drink Mt. Dew...

5. markvid

markvid Guest

NEVER mess with Itchy and Scratchy....never

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

"I have to go now."

(Poochie blew himself up on his way back to his home planet)

7. dog428

dog428 Active Member

Yes, you are judging someone. A lot of someones.

And if you think there significantly more people involved in that plan -- a plan that was executed to near perfection, caught us completely by surprise and was so well covered up that the only thing our intelligence people knew was that something involving planes might someday take place ... somewhere -- you're really doubting the competence of our intelligence people. A plan that large scale and involving that many players, the bare minimum of people knew. Only way it could've worked. You might get the number up to 50 or so, but not more than that -- not people who knew what was happening, and I mean really knew.

As for your war numbers, I'd say the circumstances surrounding a war have a lot to do with whether or not the president is blamed for the deaths of soldiers. For example, if we're all behind a war and agree that it's necessary -- like, say, the Afghanistan invasion -- then we hold ourselves just as responsible for those deaths and view the deaths as necessary for the betterment of this country. Then there are bullshit wars like Iraq. When you sacrifice American lives for complete and utter bullshit, you get the blame.

Good news is that that's the way it works regardless of party. Bad news: It's your party in there now.

8. crimsonace

crimsonace Well-Known Member

Just for historical veracity, the U.S. entered WWI under Wilson's watch (incidentally, he sent U.S. troops to Europe just months after winning re-election on the campaign slogan "He Kept Us Out of War" in 1916).

Then, he spent the postwar years trying to keep France and Britain from strong-arming Germany, but he relented in order to get his beloved League of Nations created, which eventually created instability in Germany and put FDR into position to have to fight another war (which conveniently ended the Depression) a generation later.

9. So don't cry if you want to.

10. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Looks like we've found the perfect match for Boom, someone whose blind fear and ignorance allows them to paint an entire group of the U.S. and world population for the actions of a rather small minority (uhm, just how many native-born American Muslims have committed terrorist acts?).

It's, sadly, this kind of ignorance, fear and paranoia that is one of the bigger problems in the United States, and Junkie and Boom could easily be poster boys for that problem. Just remove Muslims and insert your own word (blacks, Hispanics, etc., ad freaking nauseum) and you've described pretty much every fear and hate monger ever to populate the U.S. throughout our history.

Enjoy your fear Junkie and Boom. Because apparently it's all you've got.

11. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Exactly. This is just more fear mongering. Be afraid everyone! They're coming to get us! Close the borders! I can't believe I live among so many cowards.

And wasn't fighting in Iraq, bringing the war on terror to the enemy, supposed to prevent attacks in the west? Did someone not send that memo to the terrorists?

Anyway, why don't you cowards among us go hide in your basements until the crisis is over. The rest of us will let you know when it's safe to come out.

What code color is this? Orange, yellow, purple? And who is behind this? Has the jack of diamonds been captured yet?

12. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I heard Scout.com only ranks this year's Muslim class 16th. Apparently the Buddhists and Florida had the big hauls.

Draft saved Draft deleted