1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Extract

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Cosmo, Sep 4, 2009.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Checked out Mike Judge's new flick tonight ... a few laugh-out loud moments but typical understated humor from Jason Bateman. Similar to Office Space in the pacing and the dry humor, and Ben Affleck is basically Deidrich Bader in disguise. I definitely think this movie could be good on repeated viewings, much like Office Space was ... enjoyable way to spend an evening, at least.

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I cannot wait to see this. Got home too late to see it tonight, but maybe next weekend.

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Mila Kunis. Mmmmmmm.

4. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

My sentiments exactly.

5. A weird experience. We saw it today at a 2 p.m. show with about a dozen others. Every joke got a laugh, but not ONE got more than 2-3 people at a time. Very very strange. There were at all moments at least 2-3 people laughing their asses off in an otherwise silent theater.

I enjoyed it and would love to see it again, but it's def. No. 3 in the Idiocracy/Office Space/Extract run.

That said, I'd rather sit through this five more times than Funny People once more.

6. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

It would have been OK on cable, but it was not worth $10.50 in a theater.

Draft saved Draft deleted