1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

exploding cellphone (battery) kills man

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by EStreetJoe, Nov 28, 2007.

1. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I don't think I'd speak on the cell while filling up anyway. I'd be annoyed if I was waiting for someone on a phone to finish.

2. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

And here I was, about to tell you "Nuh uh JR a gas station in New York blew up because some dude was jibberjabbering on his phone." But there's the explanation, right there in the link.

You Canucks are OK.

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Gee, thanks.

We've got your back. :)

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

Thanks.

I have a lingering cough. Know any good doctors?

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

None up here. They've all left for the States.

7. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Damn, hoped it would be Drew Rosenhaus ...

Any chance this guy killed himself after years of taunts about being "A Boy Named Suh?" .... sorry in advance for that one ...

8. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

I thought maybe the Mossad was at it again. I remember a story from about 10 or so years ago where some PLO operative decided to upgrade his cell phone and sent it to a place that was actually run by the Mossad. The Israelis put a little bomb in the new battery, sent it back to the guy and called him up. You can imagine the rest.

Of course, cell phones were much bigger back then, so they could probably put in enough explosives to do the job right.

Draft saved Draft deleted