1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Excellent article on the murder of Dernell Stenson

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Dec 31, 2007.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

2. Eagleboy

Eagleboy Guest

Great story indeed. My only gripe was the interjection of his career midway through the piece - it broke up the action too much. I even skipped it, went to the results of the case and then went back.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

You're talking about the part with his HS coaches, right?

I agree completely. I did the exact same thing. Upon a second read, it made a little more sense. Still, it was a bit jarring.

4. Eagleboy

Eagleboy Guest

Yes. I think he could have moved all of that just after the first star to not only help with the chronology, but not to leave it so fractured midway through. After he mentions that Stenson was found with the skin torn from his hands, he should have gone right to the outcome. In fact, it would go a long way to quote Corona and Zamora about that sight.

5. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

It certainly explains why he never made it in Boston despite all the hype he got after Mo Vaughn left town.

Draft saved Draft deleted