1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ex-NFL lineman Quinn Pitcock says he was addicted to video games

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Jun 29, 2012.

1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

This is a first, I'd imagine ...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8108006/quinn-pitcock-video-game-addiction-masked-deeper-issues

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Fucking lazy is not an addiction or a disability.

3. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I totally buy this, and I don't write it off as laziness. You replace reality with life inside that game for a while.

4. T-minus 12 seconds before someone refers to this as a "disease"

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I truly believe that video games and the Internet are addictive. I'm scared to death of when my kid starts getting into them. I don't want them in the house. My nephews are little video game zombies when their parents don't nip it in the bud, which they do a good job of. It's terrible. Psychologically, t's the same as gambling.

6. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Hell yeah. I could do six hours easy on Impossible Mission when I was 25. Sometimes without blinking.

7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

It's a serious, serious problem in Korea right now.

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I have a very hard time unplugging. I'm on this site, Facebook, Gmail and watching West Wing episodes at night now. I will pause West Wing, click over here, refresh, refresh FB, check Gmail, then go back to West Wing until the next commercial fadeout.

I'm going to bed at 5 a.m. and waking up at 7 for work. On a daily basis. It's not laziness...laziness would mean I'd want to go to bed. It's this obsession with being entertained, with being afraid of not knowing what's being talked about or what's going on.

I crack a Pepsi at 7:05 a.m. and crack my last one about 4:30 a.m. In between, nothing but.

Trust me, I wish I could log on, check stuff, log off and go to bed. I cannot. At least not how I'm currently wired.

9. dog eat dog world

dog eat dog world New Member

I predict Obamacare will cover this addiction. LMAO.

10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Holy shit, Ijag.

11. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

But you are communicating, not playing a game.

12. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Otaku

Draft saved Draft deleted