1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ex-LAPD cop goes to war against colleagues

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by NoOneLikesUs, Feb 7, 2013.

1. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

And now he's reportedly the first human target of drones on US soil. Isn't this illegal? I mean, he's accused of horrific crimes, but the government still doesn't get to go straight to killing him. (If the drones are meant to kill; maybe they're just helping to track him?)
    http://now.msn.com/christopher-dorner-is-first-drone-target-on-us-soil

2. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

I blame Bush.

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

But ladies love it.

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

It's illegal if military drones are being used to hunt and kill him - unless he's been classified as a one man al-Qaeda affiliate or is a registered Republican.

But if they're using Border Patrol drones - and it sounds like they are - then I don't think that's illegal.

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Hell The Border Patrol might even sell him a gun

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

LEO drones don't have missiles on them. Surveillance only.

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Yep.

8. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Makes sense, even. Sounds like the guy is (a) sufficiently motivated*/desperate/stupid, (b) sufficiently armed and (c) sufficiently trained to start taking shots at helicopters and actually do some damage.

* And although the guy's not a Marine, I'm reminded of Hartman's speech about Charles Whitman and Lee Harvey Oswald: Those individuals showed what one motivated Marine and his rifle can do.

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

My guess is that he's using a whole different identity and could be anywhere, laying low until the heat dies down. Probably driving a car bought and registered under that identity and using credit cards signed up for under that identity. Or he could be anywhere in the world using a passport under a fake identity. He had almost five years to prepare.

Would be too tidy if he offed himself in the snow.

10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

This has Dennis Hopper in Speed written all over it.

11. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

He had all the proper ID, driver's license, birth certificate, social security card. And the signature was a spot-on match.

12. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

Exactly. Unfortunately, just by random chance, one of these lunatics was going to come along with a halfway-workable escape plan. (And didn't the Aurora shooter almost manage to slip out of the theater disguised as a SWAT guy?)

Draft saved Draft deleted