1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ex-EPSN makeup artist claims harassment, names woody paige, jay crawford

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by funky_mountain, Jun 28, 2007.

1. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Women need to get even when horrible things like this happen.

They need to sexually harass right back.

2. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

The man refers to himself as "Woody".....and we're surprised he's been accused of sexual harrassment?

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Kit Hoover said there was no harassment when she worked there... ;D

4. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Commercial opens...

Company softball game.

Stuart Scott announcing with Dan Patrick

Camera pans to the left, Chris Henry at-bat, but focused on talking to some females in the stands

"Hey baby, you wanna go to the club? I'll drive home," Henry says.

Camera pans to the right, Albert Pujols is on the on-deck circle getting ready for his at-bat.

Mr. Met throws an inside pitch to Henry that he couldn't hit.

"You know Dan, that hasn't been the first time Henry's been handcuffed," Scott says.

They are about to pitch the next ball, but dollar bills start to fall from the sky. Umpire waves the pitch off and calls the game.

Everybody starts to go home, Stuart Scott walks by Pac-Man Jones...

"You just had to make it rain didn't you?"

Commerical ends. This is SportsCenter.

5. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

I'm just wondering why this hasn't been a lead story on sportscenter, complete with legal analysis, the repercussions for Woody and Jay as well as their pictures and the smart alec blowhard anchors giving their mostly worthless two cents at the tail end of the story about what an outrage this is if true.

6. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

who is Kit Hoovers friend on SportsJournalists.com?

7. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Still waiting to see some mention of the story on espn.com, or on Sportscenter, but I won't hold my breath.
    Wonder why Jemele Hill hasn't jumped all over this ... oh, wait ... because she works for them.
    I know you read this Jemele, so if you come across this post, here's my question: will you ever write a column about the apparent culture of sexual harassment at espn? Tirico, Reynolds and now this. Tough when you dance with the devil, isn't it?

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Nothing at all will come of this...

9. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

With so many "experts" it's hard to keep track, but I thought the WWL cut its ties with The Playmaker.

Also, that little black board on Woody's right shoulder on his ATH appearances ... would love it if somebody snuck in and wrote "Just A Pinch" as the message of the day.

10. JoelHammond

JoelHammond Member

Representing Bowling Green State University!

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I can't imagine her wanting to take this one on. What if she hasn't been harrassed at all in her time there? Is she even in Bristol much? If she writes a column saying she's never seen any of this, even if it is the absolute truth, then she'll get ripped for being a mouthpiece for the company.

12. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Why is Jemele more obligated than any other ESPN columnist/employee to write about this? Because only a woman can see the evils of sexual harassment? The guys can just look the other way because it's not their problem?

Draft saved Draft deleted