1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ex-Bush Campaign Boss Comes Out

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Aug 25, 2010.

1. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

The tea party groups tend not to give a shit about social issues.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'd be interested to find out if Mehlman considers himself more "Republican" than "gay." If he was interested in softening the GOP stance on gay issues.
    I figure the guy is old enough to remember when the party wasn't so concerned about social issues. Also think those close to him, who worked with him, knew and didn't care. I'm trying to think of the most important GOPer, someone with real pull, who has spoken out against gay issues.

3. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

George W. Bush lobbied, briefly, for a constitutional amendment on gay marriage in 2004. But it was a transparent election year ploy since there was no way it was going to pass, and it quickly died away when everyone realized the folly.

4. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

Some do, some don't. They're not as libertarian as libertarians would like them to be.

5. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

So they don't have any thoughts on gay marriage? Worship center locations? Birthright citzenship? Who knew...

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Indeed, it's relative. But the GOP will happily take them for granted.
    Where else are they going to go?

7. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

The answer is obvious: Home.

8. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

If they want to bite off their noses to spite their faces?

Sure.

9. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

I still find it funny that all those in the Tea Party movement are old Republicans just looking for a new place to call home.

Of the 27 people I know who actually claim to be part of this movement with a main focus on fiscal issues, 19 have had a D next to their name since they started voting.

10. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

11. printdust

printdust New Member

Liberals think Log Cabin Republicans are missing something mentally.

Draft saved Draft deleted