1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ewww. Using your glasses as a Q-Tip

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Oct 31, 2007.

1. Sitting in my afternoon budget meeting with three or four other people, our weekend editor, a 40-year-old man who lives with his parents, takes off his glasses, wipes them off and begins to inspect the frame.
    No big deal... until he proceeds to poke the end of the frame INTO his ear. In a swishing, swapping, raking motion he uses the end of the frame to cleanse his ears.
    After he's done, he give the frame an inspection and picks the flecks of ear wax off them, flicking them to the ground.
    Either the rest of the folks there were oblivious to the whole episode or they just chose to ignore it.
    I was pretty grossed out. Eww.

Then there's copy desk guy who can't talk to anyone without fingering his crotch ... but that's a story for another day.

2. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Disgusting.

Make. It. Stop.

3. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

At least he flicked the wax off & didn't eat them. :-X

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

There's a guy at our local who has a skin condition--psoriasis probably

Every so often you'll see him scratching his arm or leg and then pops the little flakes in his mouth.

6. I realize what I wrought with this thread, but damn JR that is an image I didn't need. Makes my stomach turn to think about it.

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Please tell me you're making that up.

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I'm not. Seriously. I wish I were.

9. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

That's all I needed to know right there.

10. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

perhaps I'm admitting too much, but I use my retracted zebra pen as a q-tip. The hollow end makes a perfect resovoir for pent up wax. :)

11. Dan Rydell

Dan Rydell Guest

One guy I know spends much of his shift with his finger on a treasure hunt in his nose.

Couple of others clip their fingernails on the desk or in the cafeteria, and I never thought that would be bothersome until I heard it. Especially in the cafeteria.

12. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

I've noticed some hockey players tend to do that too.

Draft saved Draft deleted