1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Evil Delivery Man

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MrWrite, Nov 2, 2007.

1. MrWrite

MrWrite Member

Why am I typing this random post at 7-something in the morning? Because the dipshit delivery men bringing my new cabinets can't even hit the range of 8-5 they gave me. The worst part was how delighted the guy sounded telling me a few minutes ago he'd be here *before* eight, like he was doing me a huge favor. I'm sure 9-5ers love it, but i do not. The least he could do was not sound so goddamn chipper about it.

Rant over.

2. Would you be happier if he showed up at 6pm?

3. MrWrite

MrWrite Member

No, I wouldn't. I was just cranky when I first posted. Many cups of coffee later, I am grateful to have a living room full of giant boxes and not having to sit around all day waiting. I guess i was frustratingly amused at the idea that they gave me an eight-hour range and somehow didn't fall inside of that.

4. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Would you rather have him wake you up or the the big sausage pizza delivery man? Put things into perspective.

5. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I thought this thread was going to be about a significant other hooking up with a delivery man, so at least it wasn't that.

6. MrWrite

MrWrite Member

Yeah, what happened is definitely better than either the scenario presented by Mayfly or the one from Angola!

Such a shift in perspective. Since the incident didn't involve delivery-man cock, I count myself lucky and will never complain about anything again.

7. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Nah, you can complain, that was just the first thing I thought of.
    I would be furious if they delivered something to my house that early. I hate being woken up before 10 a.m. at the earliest.

8. markvid

markvid Guest

They need to take into consideration not everyone is up the same time as them.

9. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted