1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Everyone's Entitled To Their Opin....Holy Crap!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, Aug 10, 2007.

1. I hereby applaud the Philly Daily News for its guts, and I almost get the point here, but, wow, would I not like to be their Letters editor this morning.
    http://www.philly.com/dailynews/columnists/stu_bykofsky/20070809_Stu_Bykofsky___To_save_America__we_need_another_9_11.html

2. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

That is the single worst column I have ever read.
    Saying: "Let's sacrifice another 3,000 people, and maybe a national monument, too, in order to buy 18 months of national unity."
    How ever could they print such a thing?

3. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Gotta agree with Twoback on that. If it takes a mass tragedy to pull us together, maybe we should be focusing our repair efforts elsewhere. It shouldn't have to be that way.

4. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Stu is a mindreader. Why just this morning, while in the shower, I was saying to myself, "Self, I really would like to see another 3,000 Americans dead. Not enough Americans died on 9/11." Of course, following this thought, I shampooed my hair.

5. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Did you then rinse and repeat?

6. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

Wait, everyone who has posted on here is against this idea? But aren't you all part of the nutty group that says fire can't melt steel and nobody really died on 9/11. It was all just a ploy to get us involved in the Middle East? So if it was a fake happening why would another one hurt us?

And when are those people who weren't killed going to come back to their families? Just wondering.

7. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

We believe that 9/11 was a government conspiracy? Seriously?

Please tell me that this post was made accidentally via some house pet walking across your keyboard.

8. I don't know, I think all of America is united behind the coolness of Tyson the skateboarding bulldog:

http://www.skateboardingbulldog.com/

9. RedSmithClone

Yes, my two dogs just happened to walk across the keyboard. Thank goodness they were abducted by aliens last year. Ever since, they have been able to sign on and post under my name on this site.

Please disregard anything written since July 21, 2006. It's just two wacky dogs who sit down every day and watch CNN and MSNBC then post bad things about the idiots they see on there.

10. RedSmithClone

Tyson rocks!

11. See! Find me one person who doesn't think Tyson is bad ass wicked cool. Dems, Republicans, gays, rednecks, Wicans, Southern Baptists, etc.

God Bless Tyson, God Bless America!

12. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

It was a stupid column and an even worse idea. .

Draft saved Draft deleted