1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Everyone shed a tear for poor Diddy

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Idaho, Sep 1, 2008.

1. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- Fuel prices have grounded an unexpected frequent-flyer: Diddy.

Sean "Diddy" Combs complained about the "... too high" price of gas and pleaded for free oil from his "Saudi Arabia brothers and sisters" in a YouTube video posted Wednesday.

The hip-hop mogul said he is now flying on commercial airlines instead of in private jets, which Combs said had previously cost him $200,000 and up for a roundtrip between New York and Los Angeles.

"I'm actually flying commercial," Diddy said before walking onto an airplane, sitting in a first-class seat and flashing his boarding pass to the camera. "That's how high gas prices are. I'm at the gate right now. This is really happening, proof gas prices are too high. Tell whoever the next president is we need to bring gas prices down."

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

It's only a matter of time before he forgets to leave the weed and gun at home and get busted at LAX.

3. nibs price

nibs price Member

Poor baby. I wonder if the poorer people who eat up his "music" feel the pinch, too...have they had to move from first class back to <gasp> coach?

4. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Jesus, $200,000 for a flight. So what when it was only $125,000 for his flight it wasn't too much. What a bitch.

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Tell whoever the next president is? I guess Vote Or Die has died an ignominious death.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Yesterday I heard that Puff Daddy tribute song to Biggie afte Biggie died, you know the one in which he uses the Police's "Every Breath I Take" ...

One of the lyrics is about giving Biggie strength every day, or something to that effect, but it sounds like "schrempf," and I couldn't stop thinking, "Why would they be giving Biggie Detlef Schrempf?"

7. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Hey, he could shoot, pass, reabound & defend. What do you give the man who has everything?

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Better on the Sonics ...

[​IMG]

or on the Pacers?

[​IMG]

9. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

My dad saw Diddy on the plane when he and his partner were flying to France earlier this year.

Draft saved Draft deleted