1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Everyone cared about this "Fantasy" league:

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HanSenSE, Oct 21, 2012.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Not Poin, but not exactly spnited either:

http://www.mercurynews.com/ci_21820556/piedmont-high-school-students-engage-sexual-fantasy-league?source=most_viewed

2. Cubbiebum

Cubbiebum Member

Awesome and there is nothing the school can really do if this is done outside of school hours.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

" ... earn points for documented engagement in sexual activities with female students."

What exactly, were the male students doing "documenting" sexual activities? And seeing the fact that we just had a thread about a young girl killing herself, in part, because a topless photo of her was circulating around, I'm not too sure this is very awesome.

4. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

I wouldn't quite throw fucking someone for points, let alone documenting it to show your locker-room buddies, in the "awesome" pile.

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Does anybody remember that Lakewood Spur Posse thing from a couple of decades ago?

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Yes. And I also remember the L&O episode that sprang from it. One of the best ever. "How many points do you think you'll be worth in prison, son?"

7. Cubbiebum

Cubbiebum Member

Sorry guys, the awesome should have been in blue. It was in the eye roll kind of way. This is not a school problem but rather a legal problem if they illegally photographed or filmed.

8. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

What the boys don't know is the girls have been running a similar league for years. They are just not stupid enough to get caught.

9. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

Wasn't Piedmont the HS that had the bird callers appear on Johnny Carson's Tonight Show?

Times and hobbies are changing in Cali...

10. joe king

joe king Active Member

Maybe you get extra points if you can get her to do the call of the loon in the heat of the moment.

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

In recent years they've been on Letterman.

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

If I had kept track of my high school conquests, it would have been a fantasy team all right.

Draft saved Draft deleted