1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ever wish your mom a Happy Giving Birth Day?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by outofplace, Apr 15, 2009.

1. KG

KG Active Member

My mom had to go through a lot to have me. Because of her diabetes, her doctor had forbid her from having anymore kids, but she wanted another anyway. While she was pregnant with me, her doctor made her stay on a 1,000 calorie diet. She actually lost weight throughout the entire pregnancy. She also had to have the cesarean a month early, because they didn't think either of us would survive if she went to full term. She deserves a Happy Giving Birth to Me Day.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Yes, she does.

I wasn't quite that bad, but I was born over two weeks late. I didn't exactly make things easy on her.

3. Cadet

Cadet Guest

My cousin celebrates the "day she became a parent" on her daughter's birthday. I think it's cute.

My mom always complains because she had concert tickets to a crappy band for the night I was born and I made her miss it. And I wasn't early. So I've always wondered about the judgment of a very pregnant woman who would travel 90 minutes away from the hospital across state lines to attend a concert.

4. RossLT

RossLT Guest

If my mom always says she should have stopped at one, I was her second, can I be excused from this?

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

Shit. That's a great idea. I wish I'd thought of that.

Draft saved Draft deleted