1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ever run into a sj.com member and not know it?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by bydesign77, Nov 6, 2010.

1. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

What the hell are you people online when you should be working? [/rockbottom]

Pretty certain my boss in my non-sports gig (formerly a sports guy) is on here, but it's never come up.

2. Yes. Then when I found out and drunkenly said something about it, he confronted me in a restroom and just made a big scene. I apologized, told him my handle at the time, and that was that. We're good friends now, at least in the online world.

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

So you're the one who challenged poin at Penn Station

4. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Stood a row or two in front of Pastor at a soccer game. Only realized it after he pointed himself out in videos I took.

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I've had a few people ask me in press rooms whether I was Bubbler. One time, this dude started gushing about my posts. I really didn't know how to handle that.

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Was he wearing a German dildo helmet?

7. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Not unless he was borrowing yours.

:D

8. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

When I first joined, way back when, I knew one person on here, because he told me about the site. But I didn't realize that two other people in my area had accounts. (I'm kind of easy and boring to find, since I just use my real name.)

9. Turtle Wexler

Turtle Wexler Member

I've seen it on laptops in press boxes and in offices, so I know I know people. Just don't know who they are on here, or who people on here are IRL. Destined to be one of life's great mysteries, I guess.

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

That's what you get for talking about your supple ass. It limits the pool of potential Bubblers.

11. Double J

Double J Active Member

I'm pretty confident I'm the only SJer within about 100 miles of where I live.

Mainly because, as JR and HC and Huggy know, I live about 100 miles from anywhere. :D

12. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Sigh. So true.

Draft saved Draft deleted