1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ever hear of condoms?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Norman Stansfield, Nov 29, 2007.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Oh, but it works YOUR way? You can debate this all you want but it still won't be true.

The last two sentences of your post border on chimp talk so I can't respond.

And then this little bit of nonsensical gibberish is well, nonsensical gibberish

Please to connect the dots. Any of them

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i'm guessing the last one.

3. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

That's pretty much what we said to my sister.

Edit: After all six were adopted, that is.

4. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I think Cadet is arguing her point as if every woman who would have had an abortion then keeps her child.

I think there are MANY families out there wanting to adopt a child. It's not perfect, I'm not saying it is, it's not the only solution, no one jump my shit...but don't discount that as an option. Many well-off families can't have their own children, but have the means to take care of one and love one and raise one properly.

5. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Yes, I'd make the punishment equal to what punishment for taking any other life is. Wrong is wrong, Cadet. And I suspect you know this in your heart.

6. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

I also think some who want to overturn Roe v. Wade like to argue that everyone with an unwanted pregnancy considers abortion as the first and only option. That's rarely the case, in my experience.

7. old_tony

Totally and completely agree.

I wonder how many abortions occur because the woman says "I can't imagine having a son or daughter out there in the world and not knowing how he or she is." So instead, they kill the kid. The ultimate in selfish acts.

Check with any adoption agency and see how long the lists are.

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Great logic. So every miscarriage will require a murder investigation and every woman must notify area law enforcement when she becomes pregnant?

Is that how we'll do things?

9. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Wow, that's one hell of a hypothetical, tony. I'm guessing not too many think that.

10. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Excuse me. You do NOT come to this discussion and tell me what "you think I know in my heart." That is a classic example of an old, white, privileged male simply patting the little lady on the head and telling her what her opinion will be. How disrespectful.

Fuck you. And fuck the patriarchal horse you rode in on.

11. old_tony

Geez, Zeke, you used all the straw in Nebraska, Iowa, Kansas, Oklahoma, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois and Indiana to construct that one.

12. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I think the numbers that think that shrink as one gets older. But for the young women, sometimes it seems like the easiest decision.

Draft saved Draft deleted