1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ever hear of condoms?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Norman Stansfield, Nov 29, 2007.

1. ServeItUp

ServeItUp Active Member

Iono, what did they tell you personally about the whole thing? Sometimes I think the role of the father gets lost in all this. We had a two-day series on teen moms and there were maybe 10 words written about the fathers. I'd like to see his feet get held to the fire, or at least educated on what his options are (wear a condom, or don't do it at all).

2. lono

lono Active Member

They were very supportive of the men who were there and tried to make it clear that sexual responsibility - or lack thereof - had profound implications for both parties. They talked in depth about various contraception options and the pros or cons of each.

What was sad was that there were maybe 25 women in the group, three of whom had their men (OK, boys) with them.

I always kind of figured that as a guy if you were going to share in the benefits of a sexual relationship, you damn well should share in the responsibilities, too.

Sadly, that appeared to be the minority viewpoint.

3. ServeItUp

ServeItUp Active Member

Appeared, past tense, Lono? From what I've seen in my lower-middle-class neighborhood/dumping ground for welfare takers, it's still a minority viewpoint. You are to be commended for having been so enlightened long ago.

4. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

True

Draft saved Draft deleted