1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ever had anything stolen from a press box?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KJIM, Aug 6, 2006.

1. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

There are times when you simply have to leave things unattended in press boxes. Have you ever had anything disappear?

I've heard of several who've had things like binoculars and cash taken, but thankfully, nothing of mine has gone missing except press notes.

If you have had anything stolen, did you report it to the team/your boss/the police, and what was the reaction?

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Having your shit stolen by Norm MacLean at the Shea Stadium press box is a rite of passage in NY...right up there on the list of life's mile markers along with getting drunk for the first time and losing your virginity. Neither of which I did at Shea. Thank God.

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

What's the matter, BYH? Don't dig the bridge-and-tunnel chicks?

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

You sure they weren't stolen?

I apologize if I failed to recognize your sarcasm font.

5. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

A Snickers and an unopened Coke.  I hope whoever took it got a bad case of the shits.

6. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Not yet, but one time I busted one of the TV guys rifling through the collective notes of a coworker and mine on press row, and told him it would be wise if he actually did his own work for a change.

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

You mean besides my innocence?

8. Bubba Fett

Bubba Fett Active Member

That was a rather restrained response. I don't think I would have been so polite.

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I didn't say my maidenhood, buck.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

Call me Joe Mauer! Call me Brad Radke!

11. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Funny, but that's not what David Cone has been telling people.

12. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

I was in the same press box at Legion Field in Birmingham a few years ago when a writer discovered his laptop had been stolen during, I suppose, postgame interviews.

Draft saved Draft deleted