1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Evening Times

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by timesup, Jun 1, 2007.

1. timesup

timesup New Member

Company: The Evening Times
    Position: Sports Editor
    Job Status: Full-time
    Salary: Not Specified
    Ad Expires: June 15, 2007
    Job ID: 775808

Description:
    Crittenden Publishing Company is accepting applications for a sports editor to cover the West Memphis and Marion area. The sports editor is responsible for covering local sports, designing and paginating the sports pages and must have experience. The Times is published five days a week. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications. Send resume, clips and references to: Laura Smith, The Evening Times, P.O. Box 459, West Memphis, AR 72303, or e-mail Laura Smith at news@theeveningtimes.com.

Curious what anyone else knows about this.

2. This paper was just on here a few weeks ago ... not sure if it was the same job ...

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Totally the same job. This one does not mention the $15,000 starting salary.

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

are you christian?

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Ma'am I am tonight!

But ... wrong side of the river.

6. timesup

timesup New Member

I looked for it, but I must have missed it on the boards. Can you link it? Thanks This same job was open last September, also.

7. chazp

chazp Active Member

15 grand, sounds like the Ramen noodle diet for the lucky winner of this job.

8. printdust

printdust New Member

I'd demand 25K. They give that to illiterate writers on staff.

If they don't budge, I'd burn their office down for the second time in two years.

9. This is Howry do it

This is Howry do it New Member

I don't think this is the same paper that offered the 15K "salary".

10. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Where did the other West Memphis, Arkansas, thread go? I just looked for it and couldn't find it. Did it get deleted?

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

from where i sit FBB, same damned thing. :D

12. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

If you took this job and chose, as some of you referenced, to "walk in West Memphis" instead of owning a car, then you might be able to stretch that $15,000 into something more
    This sounds like a good job for someone 1.) who has never been an editor before and 2.) is young and willing.

Draft saved Draft deleted