1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Even Katherine Heigl thought Grey's Anatomy sucked this season

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Piotr Rasputin, Jun 11, 2008.

1. Shark_Juumper

Shark_Juumper Member

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

She apologized for the Knocked Up comments.

While she was really good in Knocked Up, her ability to open 27 Dresses, which did really well at the Box Office for a romantic comedy likely has movie studios knocking her door down.

I'm just stunned that Grey's hasn't used that to their benefit. Or maybe they don't think they need to.

Ridiculous.

3. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Did she actually want them to keep going with the Izzie-George love story? Because we all know what a crock that was.

Talented, gorgeous actress... but if she wants to write, direct and produce, go ahead and join the DGA or shut the hell up.

4. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Wishful thinking.

You know you'd be done with that movie after eight seconds!

5. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

Regardless of gender, everyone has to take one for the team at some point.

In her case, she went from getting 300k for KNOCKED UP to 6 mil per picture. She started a production company. She has the money. Now it's up to her to work toward changing the landscape she so valiantly railed against, the one that put her where it is now.

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

This has the feel of that one SI swimsuit cover model back in the 70s who became a feminist. I would assume this is a quandary many women generally considered good-looking face; that is, how to stake out a ground apart from those looks, and to deal with how much the looks may have had to do with things, to deal with a question like, "Would Heigl be as far along today if she had not been in bra and panties all the time on Grey's?" Unfortunately, good-looking women have to deal with this more than good-looking men.

7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I don't watch the show, so I'll ask this basic question:

Was she correct about the quality of the material she was given?

8. Mizzougrad96

Absolutely.

9. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

When she saved the deer, the show was fucked forever.

10. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Then I don't see what the problem is.

11. Mizzougrad96

She was the most likable person on the show until she slept with George. Then they made her a nutcase. Ruined her character.

Part of me wonders if the leads (Pompeo, Dempsey) requested that she got a different storyline. At the end of Season 2 when Denney died, it looked like she would be the show's most popular character.

12. Mizzougrad96

The Washington Post article said she's getting offers of $6 million a film.

If that's the case, and I would believe that, she would be wise to leave Grey's as soon as possible. I guarantee you no one on that show other than maybe Dempsey can get that much.

Draft saved Draft deleted