1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Even "Jeopardy!" mocks the Detroit Lions

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by WolvEagle, Jul 30, 2010.

1. WolvEagle

WolvEagle Well-Known Member

Last night's Final Jeopardy answer was something like "As of 2010, the only current NFC team to never play in the Super Bowl."

Only one contestant got it right, and she wasn't even the overall winner. The only guy answered "Who are ??". The woman who won answered "Who are the Jacksonville Panthers?"

You know when the non-sports fans at "Jeopardy!" mock you, you're really, really, really bad.

If the Lions ever do get to the Super Bowl (and, heaven forbid, win it), metro Detroit would go positively bonkers.

2. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

Super Bowl? Try winning nine games. In the same season. I only hope that Matt Millen's head explodes if it happens.

3. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

The other three are the Texans, Jaguars and Browns.

4. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Who are the Chicago Cubs?

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

An excuse for their fans to start drinking heavily.

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I was watching last month and the category was Who's your Daddy. The answer was: "Former NHL Canadian right wing and scorer Brett."

After a few seconds of pause where nobody knew the answer, a woman buzzed in. "Who is Wayne Gretzky?"

7. WolvEagle

WolvEagle Well-Known Member

I saw that and could only laugh.

9. Smash Williams

Smash Williams Well-Known Member

Hull has dual citizenship. Born in Canada while his parents were on vacation (Bobby played for the Blackhawks at the time). Grew up in both countries after Bobby signed with the WHA. Played for the American national team because he played for them on the youth teams when team Canada wouldn't give him the time of day.

10. Double J

Double J Active Member

If I remember correctly, Brett is the only one of Bobby and Joanne's kids born in Canada.

Technically, they would all be dual citizens regardless of their birthplace, with one Canadian parent and one American parent.

11. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Ironically, isn't Trebek Canadian too?

12. Petrie

Petrie Guest

In a different version of Jeopardy!, Sean Connery once called him a Canadian ponch, so I believe so.

Draft saved Draft deleted