1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Evan Almighty

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HejiraHenry, Jun 24, 2007.

1. :eek:

Aren't you supposed to use the blue (sarcasm) font to type that?

Seriously, I was excited to see Bad Santa until I saw it... not too good.

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Hackneyed messages about religion and the environment?
    In the same movie?
    Sounds like a can't-miss.

3. dawgpounddiehard

dawgpounddiehard Active Member

I'm surprised people don't think Bad Santa is funny... it's my favorite X-mas movie ever. Fucking hilarious.

I had a feeling Bruce Almighty would be like this because at the end of the trailer it said "for group tickets call..." That, coupled with its PG rating tells me this was more for blue-haired church goers.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

"Fuck me Santa, fuck me Santa..."

worth the price of admission, and then some. Though I will say it was far funnier the second time than the first.

5. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Except Annette Bening more than trumped that in American Beauty years beforehand with "Fuck me, your majesty!"

6. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

BAD SANTA is easily the best Christmas movie ever.

Loved it. Still love it.

7. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Bad Santa didn't really tank. It grossed $60 mil. It won't be near the top of any highest-grosser's lists, but considering it cost less than $20 mil to make, it did what it had to do and then some.

As far as Evan Almighty goes, at $175 mil to make, it's got its work cut out for it to make a profit. The trailers sure don't make it look very funny.

8. Bucknutty

Bucknutty Member

Yeah, it definitely continues to grow on you. I thought it was funny the first time, but with each viewing it got progressively funnier.

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I loved Bad Santa.

And Evan Almighty just doesn't look funny.

Draft saved Draft deleted