1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Evaluating Teachers is Hard Work

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Dec 23, 2013.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

No, actually, not so much. More of the false equivalence bullshit which frames an 85-15 situation as a 50-50 split, making it seem that both sides are "equally unreasonable." They're not.

One side of the 'debate' supports public education in ways that are inconsistent, inefficient, ineffective and in many ways irrational.

The other side wants to get rid of it.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Guess which side is pushing teacher evaluations, which is what this thread is about? Your approach to this issue is as ignorant as YF's.

That's why it is idiotic to make this political. That, and some of us would actually like to have a discussion about education and teacher evaluations and that won't happen if you keep trying to drag this into an area of discussion that is banned on this site.

3. Starman

The whole thread is yet another passive-aggressive semi-trolling attempt to drag into an area of discussion which is banned on this site.

Although, granted, it doesn't follow the usual modus operandus of thinly-veiled concern-troll kvetching about "That Guy." Although it is probably a matter of short time before it gets there.

4. outofplace

I know exactly what the intent is. I don't care. It can still be a valid discussion of a topic that interests me and others. They only person going blatantly political is you.

5. Starman

Haven't mentioned a single politician by name; have mentioned a political movement which expressly denies being a "political party" (despite continually acting like one) and have mentioned an ideological orientation the party most continually aligned with its definitional tenets constantly denies despite abundant evidence to the contrary.

Nonetheless, since it bothers you for me to post on this thread, I am out. Carry on.

6. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

Next, you're going to ask why we never have a chance to discuss the evils of smoking dope, right?

7. outofplace

Not even close, but I'm sure there is a point in there somewhere.

8. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

So I guess the guys who designed the Obamacare site designed this one too?

9. outofplace

Starman, it was very clear what you were doing. You could at least be honest about it.

Doesn't matter. A_QB is here and following your lead.

10. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

The article is idiotic and panders to a certain crowd.

This might be news to some, but administrators have been evaluating teachers for decades. It just looks a little different now with shorter observations than longer observations. If the writer would have done 10 minutes of research, they would have found this out, but why research when you have an agenda to push?

If anyone wants to have a decent discussion about new observation standards, there is a place for that, but it's not here. :).

11. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I would also suggest the fable of the sour grapes to a few here.

12. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I reiterate, a website devoted to people who write stories for a living whining that some people have it too easy. We have thousands applying to be reporters because the gig is so much easier than ditch digging, bridge building, auto repairing, roofing and so many other forms of actual work.

Draft saved Draft deleted