1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Euphoria

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by hondo, Jun 17, 2019.

1. AWSM

AWSM New Member

Yeah, that's the part I was referencing. Made my heart drop. And then the scene with the hotshot kid's father (Eric Zane?) having brutal anal sex with the teenage transgender new girl, and her reaction as it was happening, and how she then blithely got on her bike and went to the hotshot kid's party ...
    I like to think my kids are decent, smart and have been raised to make good decisions, but those scenes are brutal. Obviously meant for shock value but I think there's a lot of real life moments in them.

2. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

I'm curious to hear what others think of the show. For now, I'm not in the mood to watch another TV show about drug-infused, horny, edgy teens. We already had Skins.

3. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I must have missed something. At what point was there an indication that the girls was transgender? I've seen a couple of references.

4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I thought the first two episodes of this show were a little ... over the top. But I stuck with it, and it gets very good. The last two were quite compelling.

5. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I watched the first episode. I just lost interest after that.

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Yeah, I doubt I'll be able to convince anyone who really hated the first two episodes to continue watching, and I understand that. I was about to give up but gave episode 3 a shot and it started to become less about "ooh, look, kids party!" to an examination of issues. The show is really well shot, I'll give it that.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

She is transgender.

8. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

I just watched Sharp Objects and one of its minor themes was teen debauchery, i.e. casual drug use and sex. One of the characters roller skates and at one point it kind of struck me as similar to some 1970s movie about wild youth, like Matt Dillon's first movie. That connection changed how I viewed the depiction of the teens; that it shouldn't be taken as unique to this moment in time.

Draft saved Draft deleted