1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Etiquette question

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Smallpotatoes, Oct 16, 2010.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

A friend of mine was at a chain restaurant with her two little kids. She was sitting in a non-smoking section and the people sitting across from her were smoking and all but blowing the smoke toward their table.

She asked to be seated somewhere else and was told that was not possible.

She asked the two men if they would not smoke near her kids. They ignored her.

She asked the waitress to tell them to put out their cigarettes. They laughed when the waitress told them and did not.

She asked the waitress to see the manager. When no manager came out in five minutes she asked the waitress again and was told to "get over it."

She then picked up two pitchers of water from the waitress station and dumped each on the head of the two people who were smoking. She then grabbed her kids and walked out the door.

2. Epic!!

3. SoCalScribe

SoCalScribe Member

I'm amazed it got to that point. I mean, there were about seven points in there where the cigarettes should've been put out. I can just imagine the steam building up in this person as she was denied at every turn.

One thing's for sure, those folks won't soon forget the day they got all wet.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

The story is even funnier if you know the person in question. I don't think I've ever heard her raise her voice in the 18 years I've known her. She's also about 5-foot-2 and looks kind of like Kristen Chenowith. Her husband reads these boards. :D

Draft saved Draft deleted